Background of the Lab:
The purpose of this lab was to learn about relationships between muscles in the human body, even though we mainly focused on the arm muscles. Agonist Muscles cause movement by contracting. Antagonist Muscles oppose the agonist muscles movement. your brain sends signals down your spinal cord to your arms and legs so we can move. Our bodies use electrical and chemical signals to control our body movements. There are over 600 skeletal muscles in our bodies. Most muscles work in pairs to perform certain functions. Pulling your arm towards your shoulder is called “flexion” and stretching out your arm is called “extension”.
- Place 2 of the electrodes on your biceps and 2 electrodes on your triceps. 1 electrode goes on the back of your hand.
- Connect the alligator clips to the electrodes on your arm and hand.
- Plug in the cords to the alligator clips into the machine.
- Connect the blue cable to the machine and to your laptop or iPhone.
- Open the software “config”
- Start doing exercises and workouts with your arms. For example, push ups, waving, arm wrestle, life up book, high five, etc.